spread the Word
- Submit a short team profile (if your team is open) and get your team's information up on our open teams list. This will help you attract even more new members!
- Send an email to everyone in your address book asking them to join your team with a link to your team page. Ask them to email everyone in their address book as well. The online tools make this easier than ever with the ability to upload your contacts.
- Tell your family, friends and co-workers about Bike MS and ask them to join your team.
- Display Bike MS Team Posters at your favorite local hot spots and at work!
- Build your team web page and use the “Join Me” email option to recruit team members and drive people onto your page.
- Schedule an informational session about MS and Bike MS at a club or organization where you are a member. You will raise awareness about MS and recruit team members at the same time!
Get Company Support
- Ask the highest-ranking official or top executive in your company to ride with you or send out an email or memo announcing they support your team.
- Drop brochures or recruitment cards in your co-workers mailboxes, bins or desks with your contact information.
- Display a sign-up list in a high traffic area such as a cafeteria to get people talking about the event.
- Ask about payroll stuffers and inserting a “Save the Date” flyer in employee paychecks.
- See if your company has a matching gift program.
- Organize a dress down day. For a donation, an employee has permission to dress casually. Make it more fun and increase awareness by giving out pins or stickers that advertise your team for employees to wear as their “pass” for dressing down.
How Others Register to Join Your Team
Once you have found team members to join your team, they will have to register as a part of your team. Your team members can register several ways and they may choose the one that works best for them:
-Register over the phone by calling 1-800-344-4867 or 314-781-9020
-Fax in a registration form to 314-781-1440
-Mail in a registration form to the Gateway Area Chapter at:
National MS Society
Attn: Bike MS
1867 Lackland Hill Parkway
St. Louis, MO 63146
Tips for Registering Team Members
Make sure that your new team member knows the name of your team. If they register online, they should select the “Join a Team” option, then select your team name from the list of teams provided.
If a new team member has already registered but would like to join your team, they can call the National MS Society at 314-781-9020 and ask to be switched over to your team.
What Team Members Receive After They Register
Each registrant will receive a Bike MS Rider Manual that includes valuable fundraising tips and information, training tips, and other valuable Bike MS information.
Each registrant has their own personal page to maintain blogs and upload personal photos and stories. Direct them to log on to their Participant Center under "My Account" online and utilize these tools for their fundraising efforts.